The Dentist's Reputation
Check-in with your community, friends and family if you would like to learn more about the dentist and their reputation.
You may also contact your local or provincial dental society for a list of practicing dentists in your area.
Your Comfort Level With the Dentist
You should make sure that you feel comfortable with the person that will be your dentist. when you are meeting your dentist for the first time you should consider:
- Do they take the time to listen to you as you explain symptoms and ask questions?
- Do you have fears or anxieties you’d be comfortable expressing?
- Do they answer your questions about procedures you’ll need effectively?
- Does the dentist seem to hear and understand your concerns?
The Services Offered at the Office
These days there are a number of dental services that may be offered. Do the dentists you are considering offer comprehensive services, including preventive, restorative and cosmetic treatments? What about emergency care?
If specialized dental services are needed then you should specifically look for a dentist with experience in that area.
The Location of the Dental Clinic
How close is the dental office? Does public transit or parking meet your needs? Are there hours convenient for you?
Accessibility Options at the Office
If you have special considerations then you should ensure that the dental office is able to meet these needs. From physical accessibility to dental sedation services, this is an important aspect of comprehensive dental care.
The Financial Situation
- Costs often vary by practice. Does your dentist follow the current Dental Association Fee Guide for your province?
- Do they accept your insurance and can they file your insurance claim electronically?
Are there multiple payment options (personal checks, credit cards, interest-free payment plans)?
- While your health is the most important factor, money is also an issue. Don’t hesitate to ask for an estimate for any procedures. Our administrative team is always here to address any questions or concerns you may have.
What is the system for scheduling and changing appointments at this clinic?
The Office Appearance
Is the dental office clean and orderly? Are the receptionists/administrative team welcoming?
Can you visit before making your first appointment to help you make a final decision? We are happy to have patients visit Parkland Dental at a pre-scheduled time so you can get to know our office. We are proud of our friendly team and clean, organized environment. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.
The Dentist’s Values
When it comes to choosing a dentist, it’s also important to confirm that your new dentist has the same values you do. Talk to the dentist to learn about his or her approach to their dentist-patient relationships, and whether you two would be a good match.
Our team at Parkland Dental is accepting new patients.
Please contact us if you would like to visit our office and meet our dental team.