The dentists at Parkland Smiles will provide you with dental exams to check the status of your oral health and discuss your needs for future care.
Customized Treatment Plan
When you visit us for an appointment, you will need to get an assessment from one of our dentists on the status of your oral health.
During this portion of the appointment, your dentist will perform a dental exam.
You can also speak with us about your goals, and create a customized treatment plan for your future visits.
What happens during a dental exam?
During your dental exam, the team from Parkland Smiles may:
- Examine your smile using x-rays
- Perform oral cancer screening
- Examine your gums for disease
- Determine levels of decay in your teeth
- Evaluate your existing restorations
- Check your bite position
- Answer any questions you may have about your oral health
Getting the whole picture
Your dentist may also take digital x-rays, and check your teeth for any signs of decay or gum disease.
What are dental x-rays?
Dental x-rays capture and store digital images of your mouth. These can be viewed instantly, and help give your dentist and hygienist a complete picture of your smile.
Are dental x-rays necessary?
Dental x-rays are tools which are essential to your dentist as they will then be able to detect risks before they become larger problems.
X-rays provide the information needed to safely and accurately detect dental issues that may not be visible to the naked eye. Through the use of x-rays, you will be recommended a customized treatment plan suited to your needs.
What can dental x-rays can help detect?
- Decay between or inside teeth
- Problems that exist below the gum line
- Tooth root positions and issues
- Developmental abnormalities in adults and children
Questions about our services? Ready to book an appointment?
Contact Parkland Dental in Halifax today.Book An Appointment